Things to consider when purchasing a first aid kit for an outdoor activity such as camping – and there are so many. However, our experience tells us the first thing to consider is the activity you intend to do and the climate you intend to do it in. For instance, a first aid kit including animal plasters and a lollipop for the children for use in your backyard won’t cut it on an ice climbing trip to Scandinavia.
Another major consideration is your ability – if you were to open your first aid kit, would you know how to utilize each item contained inside? Is it time to maybe enroll in a basic first aid course? Even the most entire first aid kit is provided useless if the knowledge needs to give basic first aid is lacking. Today, I’ll share some information about the first aid kit sign printable.
First Aid Kit Box Guide
For this guide, we’ll assume that we will be participating in a low-risk camping activity.
Our definition of a low-risk camping activity:
- Falls from a height will be unlikely.
- Medical attention is available within the hour.
- The risk from submersion in dangerous waters (cold, deep, fast-flowing, etc.) will be minimal.
- Food, Shelter, and water are no further than four miles or one hour walk away.
Always make sure you are able to carry out any activity you plan to engage in. However, use your judgment to decide the risk factor of your activity. Always take into account any determinants beyond your control – a sudden fall in temperature or visibility can render any activity threatening. Well, moving on to the first aid kit, the principal thing to be included in any kit is the personal remedy – that is, any medication that has been prescribed to you that you would need on a day-to-day basis.
The Rest Of Your Kit Should Consist Of At Least:
- Waterproof First Aid Kit Bag
- Antiseptic Cream
- First Aid Tape
- Anaesthetic Spray
- Eye Wash
- Variety of Gauzes
- Burn Relief Ointment
- Plasters / Band-Aids
- Variety of Bandages
- Some form a pain relief – Aspirin / Ibuprofen / Paracetamol
- An EpiPen or similar
- Latex Gloves
- You should consider including the following things if not already consist in your survival kit: Tweezers
- Water Purifying Tablets
- Fire steel or similar
- Space Blanket
- Insect Repellent
- Finally, the following we consider additional but make best additions when pack weight isn’t an issue: Hydrocortisone Cream
First Aid Kit Sign Printing Design
There are lots of signs that you can print on the first aid box. However, you can also use radium printing so that it will be lighted in the dark. This first aid box is perfect for camping or tracking where there is no source of light. Apart from that, you can design it in a regular style. Or, you can create a decorative first aid box instead of going to the printing shop. That looks more attractive than the regular one.