Cockroaches sometimes just can eat human flesh, just like any other insects. Cockroaches come under the category of omnivores, and this means that they can eat both meat and plants. In fact, they can eat anything that comes around them like garbage, meat, plants, and much more. As compared to other insects, however, cockroach bites rarely. And since roaches are nocturnal insects, so that if they decide to have a bite on you, it is predictable for us to become easy targets.
Cockroaches-Do They Sting Humans?
Most of the cases, no, they do not sting humans. But when cockroaches are unable to find food, they will start to find alternative food sources such as human skin, eyelashes, and much more.
Cockroach Bites-What Are The Symptoms?
- The main symptoms of bites are red bumps. Moreover, as compared to a mosquito bite, these red bumps are quite larger and similar to the scab. In this condition, the person who gets stung should not rub them as this can cause complexities and severe burning.
- These bites also cause skin rashes and redness, like many other mosquito bites
- Along with rashes and swelling, bumps will appear at the site of the sting
Cockroach Bite-How To Treat:
If you are unfortunately stung by a cockroach, then you maybe find how you should treat the infection and wound. Roach stings should be treated just like you would care for any other insect bites. And as always, the first and foremost step is cleaning the sting area.
Clean The Wound-Cockroach Bite:
The best way to clean the infected area is to use a clean cotton whip, dip it in rubbing lotion, and apply the cream to the wound. You can also use other antiseptics like Witch hazel and Tea tree oil.
Apply Products To Stop Inflammation And Itching-Cockroach Bite:
After cleaning the wound, you should apply ointments that will help stop itching and fight inflammation. While roach stings can be bury and itchy, it’s essential to prevent the urge to rub. Your nails can increase infection and easily break the skin, which could cause more inflammation and itching.
There are some ways to relieve that itchy feeling and bring the swelling down:
- Keep an ice pack or cold water bag to the affected area. The cool feeling will help numb the area to soothe that itchy feeling and bring down the swelling.
- Use diluted almond and lavender oil to the bite. Almond and lavender soothe itching and inflammation while also helping to prevent the wound from severe infections.
- Apply a paste of baking soda to stop inflammation. Add one spoon baking soda in some drops of water to make a cream and apply it to the sting.
To avoid cockroaches and mosquitoes bite use electric mosquito killer lamp Led. With the help of this lamp, you can keep yourself, and your family protected from cockroach and mosquito bites.
Basically, cockroach bite will cure up after some days without any special treatment. But it’s still vital to be cautious about making sure the string doesn’t get infected. Moreover, you can also follow these tips to treat the wound.